Hydrologist [Full Time]
An employee-owned, Canadian company, Associated Engineering provides a broad base of consulting engineering services in the infrastructure, water, transportation, environmental, building, energy, and asset management sectors.
Summit Environmental Consultants Inc. is the environmental science group within Associated Engineering, providing a range of consulting services in the environmental assessment and planning, water resources management, environmental management, and information management/GIS sectors. Our clients include industry; federal, provincial, and local governments; First Nations; and small business.
We are currently searching for a Hydrologist in our Calgary office.
Supporting the Water Resources Practice, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Hydrometric and climate station installation and maintenance
- Stream gauging, stream channel surveys, and assessments
- Hydrologic data analyses including statistical analyses (e.g. flood frequency, time series, etc.)
- Water quality and sediment transport investigations
- Stormwater management
- Preparation of project reports, technical memos, and letters
- Leading and assisting in preparation of proposals
- Contributing to business development
- Client liaison and support.
You will have at least 5 years of work experience and very good written and spoken communications skills. You are a motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic team environment working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects. Some travel is required for this position.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in hydrology, physical geography, earth science, or water resources engineering (M.Sc. degree preferred) from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or authorized to work in Canada
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduation experience
- Professional registration (P.Geo., P.Ag., P.Eng., R.P.F.) or eligible to be registered within 1 year
- Proficient at software for word processing, data management, hydrologic analyses, and presentations
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience or aptitude
- Commitment to working in a team environment
- Skills in hydrological and water quality modelling, effluent plume delineation modelling, erosion and sedimentation control, water demand analysis, and groundwater-surface water interactions are assets.
If you have the right background and would like to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Summit Environmental Consultants Inc.
#200 – 2800 29th Street
Vernon, British Columbia V1T 9P9
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application.
Posted: Nov. 23, 2012
We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.