Associated's Climate Science group: Elvis Asong (left) and Jeremy Fyke (right)
We're pleased to welcome Elvis Asong, Ph.D., as our new Climate Specialist in Hydrology. Joining our Calgary office, Elvis has over eight years of hydroclimate modelling experience, including more than five years of work in the Canadian Prairies water resources and climate impacts assessment sector.
His expertise includes:
- Regional climate downscaling and scenarios development
- Quantifying changes in climate variability and extremes
- Statistical analysis of Big Data (multi-model multi-ensemble multi-scenario)
- Stochastic weather generation and estimation of Probable Maximum Precipitation
- Hydrological modelling and water resources management
- Top-down/bottom-up climate impacts assessment and decision making under uncertainty
- Climate change risks and vulnerability assessments
- Integrating climate change risk into infrastructure development
- Climate change adaptation and resilience planning
Elvis will be working closely with Jeremy Fyke, our new Manager of Climate Services, on taking a multi-disciplinary approach to climate change adaptation.