Contaminated Sites Professional (Intermediate)
||Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
||March 8, 2018
||Remediation and Reclamation, Contaminated Sites Management
why you should be interested
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
You combine a contaminated sites background with a desire to work in a dynamic team environment on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company and our Yellowknife office provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with a strong work ethic and client focus.
Our ideal candidate is a proven consulting leader who is passionate about the north, and thrives working as part of a local team, with strong technical and resource support from across the company.
how you'll contribute to our company
Responsibilities include the following:
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of contaminated site assessment and remediation work
- Laboratory and contractor liaison
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Project and Client Management
- Preparation of work plans, proposals, project reports, technical memos, and letters
- Contributing to business development, including pro-active business development, leading, and assisting in proposal preparation
what you will bring to the table
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in relevant pure or applied science (M.Sc. degree preferred)
- Minimum 6 years' post-graduation experience in environmental consulting specific to managing contaminated sites (must include CSA Phase I to III ESAs, preferred experience with the Northwest Territories Contaminated Sites Regulation)
- Professional registration or currently meets the application requirements (P.Geo., P.Eng., P.Ag., P.Biol., or P.Chem. or similar)
- Demonstrable experience in the assessment of soil and groundwater contaminant interactions, including the preparation of Conceptual Site Models, as well as the appropriate application of Contaminated Sites Standards
- An understanding of contaminant hydrogeology and monitoring well design & sampling
- Soil vapour sampling, testing and analyses experience
- Training and experiences in hazardous building materials assessments
- Site remedial action development and site remediation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at software for word processing, data management, and presentations
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines within a team environment
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience (3 years minimum) and aptitude
- Remediation design experience (2 years minimum)
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out proactive business development initiatives
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Associated Engineering - Associated Environmental Inc.
Suite 901, 5201 50th Avenue
Yellowknife, NT X1A 3S9
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.