Process Design Technologist (CADD/Design) (Junior/Intermediate)
||5 to 10
||March 8, 2018
||Climate Change, Wastewater Collection & Storage, Wastewater Treatment / Water Resource Recovery, Water Resources, Water Supply, Storage & Distribution, Water Treatment, Process Mechanical/Modelling
why you should be interested
You will have many opportunities to collaborate with talented people.
how you'll contribute to our company
You will undertake a range of activities including both technical and non-technical tasks related to engineering design and construction as well as project management, marketing, and business development.
what you will bring to the table
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma in engineering technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Water/wastewater treatment facility process equipment and piping design experience
- Multi-discipline design coordination and delivery is an asset
- Familiarity with ANSI, AWWA, and applicable local design codes is an asset
- Experience with technical specification development and report writing is an asset
- Experience with latest version of AutoCAD
- Experience with the latest version of MicroStation is an asset
- Experience with spreadsheets and related computer software for process design, and equipment sizing
- Experience with 3D design, building information modeling (BIM), and Autodesk Plant 3D is an asset
- Experience working for a consulting engineering firm is an asset
- Experience with coordinating production from multiple team members is an asset
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Committed team player and ability to work independently
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Suite 200, 165 Commerce Valley Drive West
Markham, ON L3T 7V8
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.