||Vernon, British Columbia
||November 8, 2017
||Hydrogeology, Water and Earth Sciences, Water Resources
why you should be interested
We are the environmental division of Associated Engineering, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. An employee-owned, Canadian company, we provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
You will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our organization, through technical and project leadership, and collaboration. As part of the Water and Earth Sciences practice, the senior hydrogeologist will join an established group of like-minded scientists and leaders.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company. We value people with innovation and spark, and encourage individual ownership of projects and building relationships with clients. Our firm is a leader in sustainability, evidenced by being certified as Carbon Neutral since 2009 and by our ISO 14001 certification.
how you'll contribute to our company
- Providing senior technical leadership to projects
- Designing and implementing hydrogeological assessments including:
- Water budgets, drilling and pumping test programs for assessing groundwater availability
- Monitoring programs and environmental impact assessments for municipal wastewater, agricultural, and industrial projects
- Dewatering programs
- Hydraulic connection studies
- Source Protection Plans, Water Supply and Demand, and Watershed Management Plans
- Preparing project reports, technical memos, and letters
- Supporting the development of a team and mentoring staff
- Developing and managing client relationships
- Developing business through proposals and prospective client engagement
- Managing projects
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Post-graduate (M.Sc. or equivalent) degree in hydrogeology, physical geography, earth science, or water resources engineering is preferred
- Minimum 8 years' post-graduation experience in consulting or research, especially modelling experience
- Thorough understanding of the water supply, mining, and/or waste management sectors
- Professional registration (e.g., P.Geo. or P.Eng.) or eligibility to register
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with a variety of hydrogeological software used for technical analyses, data management, and modelling
- Proven success developing business and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience or aptitude
- Commitment to working in a team environment
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Associated Engineering - Associated Environmental Inc.
#200 - 2800 29th Street
Vernon, BC Y1T 9P9
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.