Contaminated Sites Professional (Intermediate)
||Vancouver, British Columbia
||November 8, 2017
||Land Development, Remediation and Reclamation, Contaminated Sites Management
why you should be interested
We are the environmental division of Associated Engineering, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. An employee-owned, Canadian company, we provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
You combine a contaminated sites background with a desire to work in a dynamic team environment on a variety of interesting and challenging projects. You excel in client communications and have an aptitude and interest in building a contaminated sites practice and team based from our Burnaby office.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company and our growing Burnaby/Vancouver office(s) provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
Note: The Burnaby office will be relocating to the Renfrew Centre in late August or early September 2017. Renfrew Centre is located next to the Renfrew SkyTrain station at Renfrew & East 12th Avenue in Vancouver, BC.
how you'll contribute to our company
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of contaminated site assessment and remediation work
- Liaising with laboratory and contractor
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Performing project and client management
- Mentoring and developing junior staff members
- Preparing work plans, proposals, project reports, technical memos, and letters
- Contributing to business development, including leading and assisting in proposal preparation, client contacts, and meetings
- Performing screening level risk assessments
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in relevant pure or applied science; M.Sc. degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years' post-graduation experience in environmental consulting specific to managing contaminated sites
- Contaminated Sites experience must include Stage 1 and 2 Preliminary Site Investigation, Detailed Site Investigations methods according to BC Ministry of Environment as well as Phase I to III ESA (CSA Z768-01 and CSA Z769-00) assessment protocols
- Experience working under the Protocol 6 Criteria for investigations that are subject to applications for legal instrument; reviews by Contaminated Sites Approved Professionals/MOE
- Professional registration or currently meets the application requirements (e.g., P.Ag., R.P.Bio, P.Biol., or P.Chem., P.Geo., P.Eng., or similar)
- Demonstrable experience in the assessment of soil and groundwater contaminant interactions, including the preparation of Conceptual Site Models
- Understanding of contaminant hydrogeology and monitoring well design & sampling
- Soil vapour sampling, testing, and modelling experience
- Site remediation (soil and groundwater) design, remedial action planning, supervision, and confirmation remediation reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at software for word processing, data management, and presentations
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines within a team environment
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience (3 years minimum) and aptitude
- Remediation design experience (3 years minimum)
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed companies, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Associated Engineering - Associated Environmental Inc.
500-2889 East 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5M 4T5
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.