Contaminated Sites Professional (Intermediate) - satellite support for Yellowknife, NT
||Vernon, British Columbia
||March 29, 2018
||Remediation and Reclamation, Contaminated Sites Management
why you should be interested
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
- You combine a contaminated sites background with a desire to work in a dynamic team environment on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
- You are able to travel to remote communities in BC, Alberta, Yukon and Northwest Territories with very little notice and work independently for several days in a row.
- You are keen to grow your career in consulting and have leadership aptitude to be a project manager and a key business developer.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company and our Vernon office and growing satellite office(s) provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
how you'll contribute to our company
This position works out of the Vernon, BC office but predominantly provides satellite support to the Yellowknife, NT office.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of contaminated site assessment and remediation work
- Acting as laboratory and contractor liaison
- Performing data analysis and interpretation
- Performing project and client Management
- Preparing work plans, proposals, project reports, technical memos, and letters
- Contributing to business development, including leading and assisting in proposal preparation
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant pure or applied science; M.Sc. degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years' post-graduation experience with contaminated sites science - must include working knowledge of the contaminated sites regulatory environment in BC, including the Environmental Management Act, the Contaminated Sites Regulation, and the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines; experience with the Northwest Territories Contaminated Sites Regulation is an asset.
- Project management experience (3 years minimum) and aptitude
- Remediation design experience (2 years minimum)
- Demonstrable experience in the assessment of soil and groundwater contaminant interactions, including the preparation of Conceptual Site Models, as well as the appropriate application of Contaminated Sites Standards
- Understanding of contaminant hydrogeology and monitoring well design & sampling
- Soil vapour sampling, testing, and analyses experience
- Training and experiences in hazardous building materials assessments is an asset
- Site remediation (soil and groundwater) design, remedial action planning, supervision, and confirmation remediation reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at software for word processing, data management, and presentations
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines within a team environment
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out proactive business development initiatives
- Work experience in remote Northern communities is an asset
- Professional registration or eligibility to become registered (P.Geo., P.Eng., P.Ag., P.Biol., P.Chem., or similar) is an asset
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Associated Engineering - Associated Environmental Inc.
#200 - 2800 29th Street
Vernon, BC Y1T 9P9
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.