||Vancouver, British Columbia
||4 to 6
||March 29, 2018
||Hydrogeology, Water and Earth Sciences, Water Resources
why you should be interested
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
You combine a hydrogeology background with a desire to work in a dynamic team environment on a variety of projects across BC and Western Canada. You excel in client communications and have an aptitude and interest in building the hydrogeology practice within the Burnaby Office.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company, with a peer team of hydrogeologists. We value people with innovation and spark, and encourage individual ownership of projects and building relationships with clients. Our firm is a leader in sustainability, certified as Carbon Neutral since 2009, and is certified under ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
how you'll contribute to our company
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of hydrogeological assessments, including:
- Desk-top water budgets, drilling and pumping test programs for assessing groundwater availability
- Monitoring programs and environmental impact assessments for municipal wastewater, agricultural, and industrial projects
- Dewatering programs
- Hydraulic connection studies
- Source Protection Plans, Water Supply and Demand, and Watershed Management Plans
- Interpreting physical and chemical aquifer data, and preparing project reports, technical memos, and letters
- Participating in the development of a team and mentoring staff, with support from a senior hydrogeologist and other senior scientists
- Developing and managing client relationships
- Contributing to business development, including leading and assisting in proposal preparation, and prospective client communication
- Managing projects
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a B.Sc. and preference for post-graduate (M.Sc. or equivalent) degree in hydrogeology, physical geography, earth science, or water resources engineering
- Minimum 4 to 6 years' post-graduation experience in consulting or research, especially modelling experience
- Strong understanding of the water supply, mining, and/or waste management sectors
- Familiar with the Water Sustainability Act, Groundwater Protection Regulation, BC Environmental Assessment Act, Environmental Management Act, and local bylaws
- Demonstrated understanding of hydrogeology, including aquifer mapping, installing monitoring wells, completing and interpreting physical aquifer tests such as slug tests and pumping tests, sampling groundwater from a variety of aquifer settings
- Proficient with a variety of hydrogeological software used for technical analyses, data management, and modelling
- Experience with completing water budgets, hydraulic connection, modelling, geochemistry and/or contaminant hydrogeology is an asset
- Professional registration (e.g., P.Geo. or P.Eng.) or eligibility to register
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task effectively, and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working in a team environment
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed companies, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Associated Engineering - Associated Environmental Inc.
500-2889 East 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5M 4T5
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.