Contaminated Sites Professional (Senior)
||November 8, 2017
||Contaminated Sites Management
why you should be interested
We are the environmental division of Associated Engineering, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. An employee-owned, Canadian company, we provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
You combine an expert knowledge of contaminated site assessment, remediation and risk assessment. You have experience managing large-scale projects and can apply Alberta’s regulatory processes to projects across disciplines and client sectors. You have a critical mind for business strategies, and proven abilities to generate work and new opportunities. In addition, you possess a desire to work in a dynamic team environment and actively contribute to a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company. Our growing Edmonton office provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
how you'll contribute to our company
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as a senior technical lead, and overseeing the design and implementation of contaminated site assessments and remediation programs
- Design and implement contaminant-based risk assessments
- Provide project-related regulatory advice regarding required permits, licences, approvals, notices, and consents
- Generate new business opportunities and maintain client relationships in the industrial, municipal, and commercial sectors
- Contribute to and lead multi-disciplinary and complex projects
- Support the development of the team and mentor staff
- Work with a dynamic team of environmental scientists and engineers
what you will bring to the table
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant pure or applied science (M.Sc. degree preferred)
- 15+ years of post-graduation experience in environmental consulting specific to managing contaminated sites and risk assessments
- 10+ years of experience in project management
- 10+ years of experience in remediation design
- A clear understanding of relevant provincial and federal legislation, regulation and permitting processes.
- Professional registration or currently meets the application requirements (P.Geo., P.Ag., P.Chem. or similar)
- A demonstrable track record in successful business development in both the private and public sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in software for word processing, data management, and presentations
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines within a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Associated Engineering - Associated Environmental Inc.
500-9888 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 5C6
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.