||3 to 10
||November 8, 2017
why you should be interested
You will act as a Civil Engineer in the Lethbridge Infrastructure Group. A wide variety of project types will fall under this role. Projects will range from commercial and residential land development, as well as municipal infrastructure projects including roads, drainage, storm water management, water mains, sewers, and pump stations.
You will have hands-on involvement in preparing studies, designs, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, and will also participate in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, construction management, construction inspection, contract administration, and client liaison for infrastructure projects. You may also be involved in business development and preparation of proposals.
how you'll contribute to our company
Duties include the following:
- Complete detailed design of earthworks projects including industrial landfills, site preparation, and engineered containment ponds
- Complete detailed design of linear infrastructure including district energy pipelines, water main designs, sanitary sewer systems, and storm water management designs
- Support Project Engineers with co-ordination of multi-discipline assignments
- Prepare written technical reports including but not limited to feasibility studies, concept design, and detailed design
- Prepare contract documents and construction drawings
- Assist with project management tasks including managing schedules, budgets, reporting, and contract administration during construction
- Achieve budget compliance on assigned engineering projects to ensure financial objectives are met or exceeded
- Effectively and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, with clients (internal and external)
- Coordinate sub-consultants' activity on projects
- Execute projects in accordance with company guidelines and standards
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- Eligible for professional licensing with APEGA
- 3 to 10 years of professional experience in infrastructure design
- Experience with design, specifications, scheduling, cost estimating, tendering, construction, and commissioning of roads, drainage, water mains, sewers, and pump stations
- Proven technical skills
- Experience with Civil 3D
- Project management skills are an asset
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
#1001, 400 - 4th Avenue South
Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4E1
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.