Transportation (Highways) Engineer
||Kelowna, British Columbia
||5 to 7
||March 29, 2018
why you should be interested
This position will provide you with an opportunity to work on projects both locally and throughout the BC Operation, liaising with staff in other offices. There will also be opportunities to collaborate on projects throughout the Associated Engineering offices nationally, developing skills, and expertise as a result.
how you'll contribute to our company
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will be involved in the design and technical delivery of transportation projects including working with planners, engineers, and technologists on a variety of projects for both public and private sector clients. Duties will include: project management; functional, preliminary, and detailed design; cost estimating; tender preparation; contract administration; client liaison; and quality control and quality assurance. You will work with both private and public sector clients.
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution
- P.Eng or eligible for licensing with EGBC
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Experience in transportation engineering design on urban and rural roads, interchanges, including roadway and bridge/interchange geometric design, drainage design, and roadside safety
- Experience in planning and undertaking detailed visual inspections and condition surveys of existing roads and streets
- Experience in cost estimating, tender preparation, contract administration, and resident inspection on transportation projects
- Proficiency in Civil 3D
- Experience in civil site-works and utility assessments related to transportation structures
- Experience in intersection design, traffic operations, and traffic management plans are assets
- Proven project management skills
- Proven experience managing client expectations
- Ability to write technical sections of reports and proposals
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and schedules
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed companies, please forward your resume to:
Suite 610 - 1632 Dickson Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1Y 7T2
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.