||March 8, 2018
why you should be interested
We are currently searching for a Proposal Specialist for our Calgary office. You will work for an employee-owned company who still believes in the "human touch". You will get the opportunity to be creative and to think strategically about marketing and proposals. You will collaborate with your team members in making decisions, help improve processes, and organize quality work.
how you'll contribute to our company
You will report to the General Manager, and provide internal services to the management team and other members of our team.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting with the development of proposal win strategies; managing the preparation of proposals in cooperation with Division, Group, and Project Management staff, as well as administration staff
- Establishing best practices for the preparation of proposals, and training staff in their implementation
- Acting as Proposal Manager when required
- Tracking prospective projects, and assisting with annual and quarterly revenue reforecasts as they relate to those prospects
- Assisting Division and Group Managers with the preparation of business development plans
- Assisting the General Manager with the preparation of annual Business Plans
- Contributing to the operation’s competitive strategy as it relates to client service
- Supporting marketing efforts such as client events and receptions
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Communications, Marketing, or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, including 3 years of experience in proposals in the engineering or consulting sectors
- Very strong writing and editing skills
- Graphic design skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Committed team player
- Valid driver's license
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
400-600 Crowfoot Crescent NW
Calgary, Alberta T3G 0B4
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.