Transportation Planning Engineer
||Vancouver, British Columbia
||5 to 10
||April 17, 2018
why you should be interested
We are currently searching for a Transportation Planning Engineer for our Vancouver office, who is a self-starter and will take ownership for his/her work with the support from engineers within the Transportation Division and across the company.
how you'll contribute to our company
You will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team involved in the planning, design and development of roadway concepts, development of business cases, multiple accounts evaluations, traffic impact studies, road safety studies, active transportation studies, traffic management plans, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), signal timing design, and traffic micro and macro modeling to support infrastructure projects for provincial and municipal authorities, as well private developers.
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience working on and managing traffic engineering and transportation planning projects
- Capacity to independently undertake transportation planning and traffic engineering projects involving but not limited to traffic modelling, traffic impact assessments, signal design, safety assessments, development of traffic management plans, conceptual and functional facility planning and design
- Must be registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of British Columbia
- A solid understanding of transportation software packages (e.g. HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, EMME, Vistro, SIDRA and others)
- Exposure to project management and budgeting, preparing technical and cost proposals, and understanding of QA/QC procedures is also desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed companies, please forward your resume to:
500-2889 East 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5M 4T5
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.