Project Manager, Land Development
||November 14, 2017
why you should be interested
We are currently searching for a Land Development Project Manager to join our consulting team in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Manager, Site Development, this position will involve managing varying projects with the opportunity to grow the private development business sector. This position will present you with many opportunities on a variety of tasks, and our expectation will be for you to take a lead role on all aspects of business development, project management, and project delivery.
how you'll contribute to our company
You are an excellent communicator with strong organizational skills and leadership potential, who thrives in a dynamic work environment. Your abilities will be strengthened and grown through a range of projects focused on the delivery and management of land development tasks. You will also have the opportunity to develop a career path focused on technical leadership, project management, client management, or a combination based on your career aspirations and qualifications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing project management for a variety of residential, commercial, and industrial development projects within the greater Edmonton Area
- Planning, designing, and providing technical expertise on land development projects including residential, commercial, and industrial land properties
- Guiding the project team through the preparation of technical reports to support the project, and ensure the project and client needs are met in an effective and timely manner
- Guiding development projects through varying approvals, permitting and development agreement process, and acting as a liaison between the client and approving authorities
- Preparing proposals, executing business development and marketing within the private development sector
- Collaborating closely with the Manager, Site Development to develop business plans, staffing, and overall growth of the group as it relates to site development
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution, or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited technical institute
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with APEGA or a technologist with ASET
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in the engineering consulting industry focused on land development
- Proven project management experience
- Knowledge of the land development approvals process
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Committed team player and highly motivated
- Self motivated and seeking career advancement
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel within Canada
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed companies, please forward your resume in confidence to:
500-9888 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 5C6
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.