Environmental Planner/Regulatory Specialist (Senior)
||March 8, 2018
||Environmental Assessment & Planning, Regulatory Authorizations
why you should be interested
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company. Our growing Calgary office provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
As part of a team of professionals, this role includes technical and project/proposal leadership, regulatory liaison, mentoring, strategic planning, and business development. Critical attributes for this role are: high level of scientific skill, solid project management skills, a desire to pursue new and interesting projects, and a desire to support the development of other staff. Some travel is required for this position.
how you'll contribute to our company
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Partaking in business development, including developing and managing client relationships, and proposal writing
- Directing environmental assessments, regulatory approval processes, environmental monitoring, and scientific and planning studies
- Preparing high quality scientific and technical reports, including permits and regulatory documents
- Managing projects, including budget and schedule management, client liaison, technical leadership, and coordinating project teams
- Leading projects through a range of federal, provincial, and municipal regulatory processes
- Mentoring other staff
what you will bring to the table
You should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate degree in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science)
- At least 10 years of experience in consulting (with an Alberta focus) and oil and gas experience
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Alberta’s regulatory framework and who hold a professional designation (P. Ag, P. Biol., P, Geol., RPF)
- History of integrating environmental requirements into engineering projects at the proposal, business development, pre-design, design, and construction phases
- Project management experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with oil and gas and environmental assessment experience
- Strong knowledge of the Alberta market, including key local and regional players, as well as a deep understanding of three levels of governmental, environmental regulatory frameworks and policy
- Proven success to collaboratively support, work in conjunction with, and advise our various practices by successfully integrating environmental components and finding balanced solutions for a wide range of projects
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
400-600 Crowfoot Crescent NW
Calgary, Alberta T3G 0B4
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.