Project Manager, Intelligent Transportation Systems
||March 29, 2018
||Highways, Roads, Traffic Engineering, Transit, Information Systems and GIS
why you should be interested
This opportunity can work out of any of our offices. For a list of our offices, please visit https://www.ae.ca/contact.php.
how you'll contribute to our company
This position provides expertise to develop, implement, and manage projects as a project manager or task lead for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Duties include directing design teams; developing and managing the scope, schedule,and budget of projects; marketing; and client liaision. This position also provides ITS supporting expertise to internal working groups and committees.
what you will bring to the table
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Relevant certificate, diploma, or degree from an accredied post-secondary educational institution
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the transportation sector
- Knowledge of emerging transportation issues and technologist is an asset
- Participation in industry groups and technical committees is an asset
Additional required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Theory, principles, practices and system architecture of ITS for road network management, public transit, and other applications
- Communication networks and technology
- Planning, design, and operation of ITS
- Analysis, investigation, and determination of the merits of various options and products based on the needs of the project
- Provide technical leadership and direction to project teams and contractors.
- Lead and manage multiple and concurrent projects.
- Lead and plan project activity individually or as a member of the project team.
- Complete work with minimum supervision.
- Manage project budgets, staff, and resources effectively
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Effectively communicate using all forms of media
- Prepare both proposal level and detail design documents
- Prepare and make presentations
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, partners and internal staff
- Effective conflict management skills
- Client management skills
how you'll showcase your fit to the position
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed companies, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
500-2889 East 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5M 4T5
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBT community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.