Field Technologist [Full Time]
An employee-owned, Canadian company, Associated Engineering provides a broad base of consulting engineering services in the infrastructure, water, transportation, environmental, building, energy, and asset management sectors.
We are currently searching for Field Technologist for our Edmonton office.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Services, the successful candidate will provide civil construction site inspection and survey services to ensure the engineering design is correctly constructed and that the company is professionally represented on site. Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Surveying consisting of topographical survey, construction layout, and construction progress survey monitoring
- Construction oversight services to monitor contractor’s progress, workmanship and general conformance with the contract documents
- Acting as an ambassador of the company and communicating regularly with the contractor, project managers, owners and other stakeholders throughout the evolution of a project Prepare clear and concise project reports, daily reports and other project support documentation
You will join a dynamic team active on civil, municipal and industrial engineering projects for a variety of public and private sector clients.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution in Civil, Geomatics or Construction Engineering Technology or equivalent related experience
- Minimum five years progressive experience
- Provincial certification as an engineering technologist is an asset
- Experience in the undertaking of field survey, developing specifications, scheduling, cost estimating, tendering, construction, inspections including materials inspection
- Energetic individual who is well organized and a committed team player
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing conditions
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Available to travel to remote locations on a frequent basis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Associated Engineering Alberta Ltd.
1000 Associated Engineering Plaza
10909 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 5B9
Please include position title and location in the subject line if you are e-mailing your application.
Posted: March 11, 2013
We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.