Associated Engineering completed the design and provided construction administration services for Cell 3 East at the Halton Waste Management Site.
We assembled a project team that provided the Regional Municipality of Halton with the benefits of our unparalleled understanding of the Halton Waste Management Site.
The Cell 3 East project included:
- Preliminary and detailed design of the sub-liner, re-compacted clay liner and leachate collections system. Design of permanent and semi-permanent litter fencing was completed. A design for a air/watertight manhole lid was completed and existing manhole lids were removed and replaced with the new lid.
- Preparation of a Schedule of Quantities and Construction Cost Estimate.
- Preparation of contract documentation and assisted the Region during the tendering period.
- Provided contract administration and inspection site services
- Provided innovative and cost-conscious design improvements, and kept the design philosophy of the site intact.
- Carefully reviewed all the hydrogeological data and determined landfill base elevations that achieved the design requirements.
- Developed a detailed liner testing protocol to ensure the re-compacted clay liner was constructed to meet stringent permeability requirements.
More Containment Systems Projects
See all projects
Silverberry Secure Landfill
Oakville Fourth Line Closed Landfill
Main Street Historical Landfill Excavation
Literature/Technology review services
Kennedale Snow Storage Site Development
Brine Pond Construction
Climate Change Adaptation & Mitigation
Livingston Trail Environmental Control Facility
Irrigation Sustainability and Water Balance Seepage Assessment Study
Asquith Landfill Decomissioning
Glenmore Landfill Entrance
Calgary Airport Glycol Treatment Facility