Vancouver, British Columbia
The new Canadian Tire Marine Drive site is a large multi-level commercial development featuring eight commercial retail units and an above-ground parkade, located in Vancouver, BC.
Associated Engineering was retained by Canadian Tire to undertake the design and construction administration for the servicing of the site, the stormwater management, parking lot layout and off-site works on Marine Drive. The development of this site posed such design challenges as meeting City rezoning requirements, LEED Gold standards, retention of the site’s heritage status, existing infrastructure constraints, and a large off-site component including works on Marine Drive, Ontario Street and 69th Avenue.
The design and construction services for this development included:
- Design development including rezoning, site grading, site servicing, and stormwater management to City of Vancouver and LEED Gold requirements.
- Detail design including civil engineering design to 100% design; coordination of civil works with consultant team; and preparation of civil drawings for Building Permit application.
- Construction procurement including preparation of tender drawings; answering contractor questions during the tendering period; and review of contractor bids for compliance of the civil works.
- Construction contract administration including review of progress payments and site inspections.
- Project management services for the off-site roadworks.
- Post-construction services including record drawings and review of final progress payment to the contractor.
The commercial development opened in 2012.
More Building Structures Projects
See all projects
Columbia Street Pump Station
Eiling Kramer Campground Park Service Centre
Hazardous Materials Survey and Abatement Monitoring of Buildings
Arbutus Water Treatment Plant
Stoney Nakoda Child & Family Services Building Assessment
St. Albert Naki Transit Centre and Park & Ride
Fort Chipewyan Water Treatment Plant Expansion
Elijah Smith School Energy Audit
Broadview Drive Commercial Development
Manitoba Hydro – Keeyask Camp
Climate Change Risk Assessment for Buildings
Elkford Community Centre
Livestock and Forage Centre of Excellence
Craigflower Pump Station
Hazardous Materials Survey and Abatement Monitoring
See all insights