The City of Prince George retailed Associated Environmental to complete a preliminary investigation of an existing water supply well to determine whether the well could be used to augment water supply for a proposed new subdivision.
This required assessing the quality, quantity, and construction details of the well, and providing advice on the regulatory permitting process. As part of the project, we completed the following:
- Preformed a desktop study to review available site, climate, and relevant geological data
- Oversaw a down-hole camera survey of the well to confirm well construction details
- Supervised aquifer tests on the well and calculated the long-term sustainable yield
- Collected a representative groundwater quality sample and compared the results with Health Canada’s drinking water guidelines and Northern Health’s requirements
- Reviewed the regulatory framework under the Water Sustainability Act and Northern Health, and summarized the permitting requirements to bring the well into production
- Identified next steps, including timelines for regulatory permits and estimated costs