Jobs at Associated Environmental
Who Are We
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies, an employee-owned, Canadian firm with more than 75 years of history providing consulting services. We offer a wide range of environmental consulting services to public and private sector clients. Our environmental science, engineering, management, and advisory services are well integrated, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines throughout Western and Northern Canada.
We are passionate about building communities that are vibrant, healthy, and resilient and support economic growth. Sustainability is part of every project we undertake, and how we operate our business.
Recognizing our excellence and dedication to staff, we have been one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2008. We have also been a Carbon Neutral Company since 2009 and have EcoAction initiatives across the company.
We know it takes dedicated, talented individuals working together to consistently deliver high-quality work and service to our clients. We achieve this by promoting collaboration, investing in our people, and fostering a culture that engages and inspires our people to be their best, maximize their potential, and think creatively while applying best practices. If you have what it takes, we want you to join us!
For a full list of opportunities available with the Associated group of companies, see our careers page.
What we offer
- A centrally located office in the heart of downtown Edmonton, that is easily accessible by both bus and LRT, and steps away from Edmonton’s beautiful river valley.
- A hybrid work environment and flexible work arrangements that allow for a combination of working from home and in the office.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a fitness allowance and company-matching pension program.
- Ongoing support for your growth and development, including a formal Professional Development program, a Member-in-Training Program, Mentoring Program, training opportunities, professional designation support, and a Young Professionals Group.
- An on-site fitness centre with full amenities, accessible to all staff.
- Discounted rates at a neighbouring childcare facility.
- An active Social Club that promotes social activities in and outside the office and offers subsidized tickets to local events like Taste of Edmonton.
We currently have an opening for a Fisheries Biologist in our Edmonton office. If you have a scientific background in fisheries and aquatic ecology, and an entrepreneurial spirit, apply to join our team. You will take on a strong role in program design and implementation, project management, and client and business development.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and managing relationships within our core service sectors.
- Designing studies and coordinating field surveys.
- Preparing high quality technical reports.
- Leading municipal, provincial, and federal regulatory processes.
- Preparing workplans for technical programs and writing high quality proposals.
- Contributing to the growth and scientific development of the company.
To see the full posting, click here.
We currently have an opening for Senior Ecologist in our Edmonton office. If you are a dynamic individual looking to build upon your current success in environmental consulting, apply to join our team. With ambition and a flare for project management and work winning, you are ready for a lead role within our Applied Ecology Group.
Your experience should include wetland assessment, restoration ecology, erosion and sediment control plans, or soil bioengineering. Knowledge of soils, vegetation, wildlife and fisheries is an asset. You have experience managing projects and can apply Alberta’s regulatory processes to projects within your discipline. You have a commitment to technical excellence, a critical mind for problem solving and ability to communicate to project teams and clients.
To see the full posting, click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and, as such, information will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.