Associated provided environmental services for the construction of the Deh Cho Bridge. Associated Engineering was responsible for overall project management. The unique circumstances, challenges, and large project team demanded a special project management approach, which included:
• Involving all stakeholders from the beginning and keeping them fully engaged throughout. Risks were collectively identified and mitigated, which prevented holdups due to agency requirements.
• Developing a tailor-made, internet-based, project document control system. All official project documents were distributed instantaneously to team members who could access it from anywhere via the internet.
• Developing and maintaining a comprehensive project website, complete with real-time web camera feeds, which kept the public informed of the project’s status.
• Distributing quarterly project newsletters to each household in the Northwest Territories.
• Procuring two professionally built scale models of the bridge for display in prominent locations in the Northwest Territories.